Tuesday, December 3, 2013

TO CHEAT OR NOT CHEAT; WAS COACH TOMLIN'S QUESTION




    What a way to finish turkey day!!! While sitting and watching my home team Ravens vs. Steelers, I began smiling as I watched Jacoby Jones break to the outside on a kick-off return. As I start to cheer and yell thinking it was a touchdown, I noticed Jones cut towards the middle of the field and tackled. You hear the boo's from the crowd and the expression on Jones face was as if he was cheated out of another return for a touchdown. The thing I love about watching live sports are the camera angles and the amount of times a controversial play is replayed and you get to see what you missed because of the speed of the game. Coach Tomlin look as if he was waiting waiting waiting than NOW! stuck his foot out at the perfect time to veer Jones off course. 

   Here we are days later and after careful review a popular NFL term used to push an investigation, it was proven that Coach Tomlin intentions were to impede Jones from scoring the TD that probably would put the game out of reach for the Ravens. The crazy thing about the incident and I don't think viewers saw was the grinch like smirk that Coach Tomlin had on his face after the play was over. All that I can say is only in the National Football League.

1 comment:

  1. His behavior was childlike and he should be fined......and made an example out of...cheaters never win!

    ReplyDelete