Wednesday, September 3, 2014

TAVONS COLLEGE FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS WITH THE NEW PLAYOFF SYSTEM.....




      It's finally here and it's about time!!!!! Years have gone by and numerous sports reporters and college football players both former and current including myself have wanted a playoff system for college football. The former way of crowning a national champion was flawed and too easy especially if you had a powder puff schedule and finished undefeated year after year. I have always been a supporter of the underdog and the past few years some teams have emerged as giants and have shook the polls. I believe adding the college football playoff system will allow those underdog teams with great records to be seen on a larger stage. One of those teams in my eyes will be North Dakota State. I am glad that we can say good bye to the normal top 5 teams being the front runners and receiving bids to all of the BCS bowls. I definitely believe adding more games to a 10 game schedule is perfect. The College football season is too short with such a huge build up for the season to kick off. I wonder if former players were given a survey asking if they would prefer a playoff system would they say yes? I wonder that because with adding a playoff system it could potential help some of the players stock before entering the draft instead of relying solely on their pro days.

   NOWWWWWWW (DRUM ROLL PLEASE) my predictions for the rest of the college season. Week 1 has gone as planned and  everyone that was ranked in the top 10 has started off undefeated. Jameis Winston and the current NCAA football champions opened their season with the unranked Oklahoma State Cowboys. Florida St. was able to hold off the Cowboys surge to win 37-31 to remain at the top of the rankings. Alabama who remains at #2 didn't look to well with their opening against West Virginia in the after A.J. McCarron era. West Virginia aided in Alabamas victory with numerous mistakes and not finishing drives in the red zone with touch downs. So I will apologize for not jumping on the Roll Tide bandwagon. Even though the Ducks have lost a huge part of their offense with Thomas I still believe the Ducks will pose a threat to the top two teams and make them play perfect or near perfect each week. I believe that everyone is sleeping on the Michigan State Spartans and they will climb up the ladder but will not have enough fire to take it to the Big Show in January. I know you're patiently waiting for my pick and here it goes. I pick the ACC to remain at the top one more year with the Florida St. Seminoles but it will be another hard fought victory for the Seminoles against the Ducks of Oregon. #theACCDN

No comments:

Post a Comment