Monday, August 11, 2014

MY DMV SPOTLIGHT, MR. TINO ELLIS DEMATHA HIGH SCHOOL. TAKING OFF!!!!!!


  
  Here we go Here we gooooooo! I first would like to apologize for being out of commission since my last posting and truly appreciate everyone that has read my blogs and that continue to read them. I have my next DMV SPOT LIGHTTTTTTTTTTT and he's a talented rising junior. 
  Next up we have a sensational young man that as a sophomore help his Dematha Catholic High School football team win the 2013 WCAC title. I got the opportunity to sit down and interview my next DMV spot light athlete and it was a great interview. 

TAVON: Hello, before we get into the interview I would like for you to introduce yourself to everyone.

TE: Hello everyone My name is Tino Ellis.

TAVON: Thanks for sitting down with me Tino and doing this interview. 

TE: Not a problem at all and thank you for reaching out to me to do this interview I really appreciate it.

TAVON: The pleasure is all mines. Let's jump right into it and let everyone know a little more about Tino Ellis. What school do you attend? What grade are you going to? and what's your favorite sport?

TE: I attend DeMatha Catholic High School, I am a rising junior and of course my favorite sport is football. 

TAVON: Exactly I figured football would be your favorite sport and that's great a rising junior. So as a sophomore you got the opportunity to play on the varsity level in a tough league for a great program. Did your team finish strong in 2013?

TE: Yes as a sophomore I was running with the big dogs lol. It was a great opportunity for me as a sophomore to play on that level at such a great school and it showed that my hard work wasn't overlooked. The 2013 season finished great, we won the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference title. 

TAVON: WOW! that's an awesome accolade to add to your resume as an athlete to be a sophomore football player at Dematha and to win a championship. What position do you play and why that great position? 

TE: Yes definitely a great accolade to have as a sophomore in such a great league. I am a wide receiver at Dematha and I picked the wide receiver position because I knew I had the skill set to play the position. 

TAVON: That's great I almost dropped a tear lol. I played wide receiver in college at UVA and with the New York JETS. Not to mention the wide receiver position is the best position on the field but don't tell your Quarterback that lol. I know that you're a rising junior and with having a championship under your belt as a sophomore I know you have turned a few heads in college. What schools have expressed interest in you?

TE: LOL! I saw that you were a receiver as well and I'll make sure I don't tell my quarterback what you said so I can continue to get the ball thrown my way. Currently as a prospect I have Georgia, Penn st., Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, Maryland, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Virginia, Hawaii, Tennessee, Oregon, UCLA, Rutgers, Nebraska and Mississippi State. My top five schools in no particular order are Notre Dame, Maryland, Virginia Tech, USC AND Georgia.

TAVON: That's a very impressive list Tino but I have to talk to you one to one about your top 5 list. We got to get Vtech off of there and add Virginia lol I'm just saying. I am proud of you myself and very happy that such prestigious schools have shown interest in you already. Great job and keep it up. I have three more questions and we will be done.

TE: I knew you would say something about Virginia Tech being on my top 5 and not Virginia lol. I will keep working hard to increase my list by the end of my junior year. Keep the questions coming I am enjoying this.

TAVON: What is your ultimate goal in life?

TE: My ultimate goal in life is to be able to look at my past and be proud of myself for what I have done on and off the field.

TAVON: That's an adult answer for a young man. Most young men in your position would say make it to the NFL but you didn't you chose self reflection. Your mom and dad have the making of a wise man on their hands. If you had to the opportunity to work with anyone to enhance your football skills who would it be?

TE: Thank you Tavon for the compliment and that's what I truly believe. The one person that I would love to work with to help improve my skills as a wide receiver would  be Michael Irvin.

TAVON: That's a very great pick to work with my one person would of been Jerry Rice and still is my pick lol. My last question for you to close out your interview is what are some encouraging words for the younger kids that are inspiring to do what you're doing?

TE: Yes Jerry Rice is a great pick to learn from as well. My encouraging words for the younger generation would whatever sport that you play get whatever you can out of it and don't let the sport use you because it's not going to last forever. Also give 100% in whatever you do. 


TAVON: There you have it straight from Mr. Tino Ellis's mouth. Again thank you Tino for sitting down with me to do this interview and make sure everyone checks it out at formernyjet18.blogsport.com. If you would like to see this young man in action go to 
www.hudl.com/athlete/2906406/highlights/145003565
















No comments:

Post a Comment